Tuesday 17 July 2012

Max Factor False Lash Effect 24 Hours Mascara Review and Photos

The false lash effect mascara range from Max Factor comes in a variety of different types and the newest edition to the false lash effect family is the 24 hour mascara.

Long-wear products are becoming increasingly more popular within the make-up market as cosmetic brands get more savvy for the 21st century girl, who leads a hectic work and social life but still wants to looks fresh by midnight as they did in the morning.

I was intrigued to try this new 24 hour mascara as I have not seen any other brand tackle long-wearing 24hr mascara yet. The mascara is only sold in Boots as far as I know at the moment, retail price is £11.99, it comes in Black only and Boots have a 3for2 offer on selected Max Factor products at the moment.
The packaging is the same as all the Max Factor False lash family, the only difference being the colour. It is a chunky tube with a screwable easy to open top. 

TEXTURE
The mascara is of a quite thin consistency which I'm not sure is that great for getting the false lash effect. The smell is not very nice I can't describe it but it isn't that pleasant.

COVERAGE
I applied 3 coats to get the effect I wanted, but I do still like to use another mascara's to get the thickness as I don't think this mascara helps create volume to the lash just length.

APPLICATION
The wand is a little thick to hold when applying although the brush is nice and helps coat every lash well.

LONGEVITY
The title suggests this creates bold volume for up to 24 hours, but I do like my beauty sleep and taking my make-up off before bed so I didn't stay up for 24 hours! I had this mascara on for about 15 hours and it didn't smudge or go anywhere which was good, so it did last a long day although I did find it a pain to get off at the end of the night which is probably why it lasts so long!

 Before
After
1.30 pm - Lunchtime
11pm - Just about to go to bed
PRICE
I really don't think this mascara is worth the £11.99 price tag for a drugstore brand, It would have to create volume as it says on the tube and be a little bit more special for me to pay that for a high street mascara.

Overall this mascara is good for longevity but I won't be re-purchasing this product as I don't feel it does anything for me with regards to volume and thickness. I think mascara is personal preference depending what your looking for, so if you like a general mascara that will last day to night with no smudges then this may be for you, but if your expecting the false lash effect I 'd try something different.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Pink Paradise Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig