Sunday 15 July 2012

Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain Review, Swatches & Photo's

After a much anticipated wait the Revlon Just Bitten Balm Stains finally came to the UK! They are available in 7 different colours, ranging from nude, pink and red tones, the retail price here in the UK is £7.99.
In Superdrug and Boots they have £2 off, so it's worth picking up a couple at the offer price before they all go!
They have cute romantic names including Honey, Darling, Cherish, Lovesick, Rendezvous, Crush & Romantic.
Here's mt thoughts.
I only purchased the ones I liked and thought I would wear  (Left-Right) Honey, Darling, Cherish, Lovesick & Rendezvous

I used Honey to test out for a full day from 7.45am to 11pm going about my daily routine.

PACKAGING
The packaging is sleek and colourful depending on what shade you get, they are defiantly identical in look to the Clinque version. The lid is easy to pull on and off and the silver end is an easy retractable device so you can twist the right amount of lip balm out.

TEXTURE
The balm has a spearmint smell which is a nice luxurious touch to this drugstore product. The texture feels smooth and really moisturising even after 2 hours of wear, it's not too heavy either if your going to be wearing it all day.

COVERAGE
You get a full coverage in just one application and the colour is buildable if you want a more dramatic look. The colour did change as the day went on, it changed into a brick red stain which I wasn't so keen on,  I preferred the original colour when I first put it on.

APPLICATION
The balm is a dome shaped like lipstick/lipliner so this makes application easy and precise.

LONGEVITY
I applied Honey at 7.45am, by 11.30am the colour had faded into a stain, so I re-applied and by 3.30pm I couldn't feel anything on my lips, but I could just see a light stain to the lips. I re-applied once more at 6.30pm and this lasted me into the evening. I think re-applying twice is overall not bad for a lipstick or balm like this.

PRICE
I think they are a little pricey for a drugstore brand but great at the current offer price.

Overall I think these balms are a good alternative to the Clinque Chubby and more affordable at half the price for a girl on a budget although I'd still look out for them on offer. I did like the colour when I initially put the balm on but I have to say I am not keen on the stain colour that it leaves on the lip. I think the colour range is average and the red colours are too brown in tone, but hopefully Revlon will produce an array of colours like the Lip Butter to compete with the popular demand. There isn't a highstreet version of the chubby on the market yet, so Revlon are defiantly ahead of the game and I find them as a brand even more appealing as they continue to be more trend savvy.



001 Honey

Honey at 7.45 am
Honey at 11.30am - The colour has become a darker stain but still feels moisturising.
Honey at 11pm - The colour has completely faded by bedtime and I'm just left with a slight stain on the lips.
 

010 Darling

 

015 Cherish


020 Lovesick

 
040 Rendezvous






 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Pink Paradise Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig