Thursday 9 January 2014

Maybelline Baby Skin Review and Photos - Benefit Porefessional Dupe


PRICE - This is priced at an affordable £7.99 for 22ml which is a steal compared to the hefty £24.50 price tag for Benefit Porefessional, which is also 22ml.

PACKAGING - Like the Baby Lips the packaging is cute and quirky which is a new direction for the New York giant Maybelline. I like the design as it draws me in to buy this without even knowing what it is, what can I say I'm a sucker for cute packaging!
APPLICATION - The formula is clear and the consistency silky to apply, I applied this with my fingers to my forehead, cheeks, jaw and lip area. I felt this evened out my skin tone, got rid of any shine and felt velvety on the skin. I'd say you need a little more product than the Porefessional as it is slightly thicker than Benefit's, but it made my foundation look lovely and flawless.

LONGEVITY - This lasted fairly well for a good 9 hours with slight wear to my foundation, bronzer and blusher., Benefit Porefessional I'd say has better longevity but Maybelline is a great everyday primer for that 8 hour working weekday.
OVERALL THOUGHTS
Overall I thought this was very similar to Benefit Porefessional but for less than half the price for the same amount of product, the consistency was virtually identical the only difference was Benefit is slightly thinner and is tinted. My only con was this doesn't last as long and maybe doesn't even out the skin tone as well as the Porefessional, but Maybelline has yet again come up with an inexpensive, fun, competitive and well thought out product that makes any high end make-up brand go weak at the knees.

I award the Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser 4.6 out of 5
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Pink Paradise Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig