Friday 25 July 2014

Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge Review and Photos

I've never tried the cult Beauty Blender Sponge but I hear it's amazing, so I was excited to discover that my favourite brush brand Real Techniques had bought a similar version out.
Here's my thoughts.
Have you tried this sponge or the Beauty Blender let me know what you thought via my social media or in the comments below?
On the packaging it is described as a 'Base/Flawless Miracle Complexion Sponge' which helps you cover imperfections, blend and contour, it also has an online tutorial on how to use the sponge which is reminiscent of all Real Techniques products.

Price
This retails for £5.99 which I think is great value for money for a premium drugstore make-up sponge.

Packaging
This comes packaged in Real Techniques signature packaging which is full of bullet pointed useful information and as mentioned above a video on how to use the sponge.
Application
This feels amazing to the touch, it's so soft, I've never felt a make-up sponge so delicate and velvety. I used this damp with my Revlon Photoready Foundation on the right side of my face and the Real Techniques Buffing Brush on the left to compare application.

I prefer wetting my make-up sponges as I think they give an even more flawless finish. When I popped this under the tap it expanded really big so you can work the sponge over large areas of the face.
Upon application this felt amazing and gave a lovely dewy flawless finish to the skin, compared to the brush it gave a flawless application, but it didn't quite give you that seamless dewy, airbrushed appearance the sponge gave.
Overall Thoughts
Although I can't compare this to the famous Beauty Blender, for me this is the best sponge I have ever used for foundation application, it gives the most beautiful finish to the complexion, it's affordable and the packaging is informative and useful for any make-up sponge novice.

I look forward to see what's next for Real Techniques as there products are quite frankly some of the best premium drugstore brushes out there.

I award the Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge 4.9 out of 5
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Pink Paradise Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig