Tuesday 17 February 2015

Bobbi Brown Mini Lip and Eye Palette Review and Photos

Bobbi Brown Mini Lip & Eye Palette
Each Christmas Bobbi Brown bring out a beautiful selection of Holiday Palettes, which are beautifully packaged and defiantly a collectors item if your a make-up addict like me! Bobbi Brown's Limited Edition 2014 Christmas collection was tortoise shell themed and came in a range of well thought out palettes to suit anybody's lifestyle beauty needs. I received the Mini Lip & Eye Palette for Christmas, here's my thoughts.
What's your favourite Bobbi Brown product? Leave a comment down below or tweet me.
Price
This retails for £25 which is superb value for money for everything that is included in the mini compact. The Palette includes two lip colours in Brown and Natural Pink, a High Shimmer Lip Gloss in Bare Sparkle and three eye shadows in Ivory, Cement and Black Chocolate.
Packaging
I've had a few holiday palettes in the past and I'd say this is one of my favourites. The box that the compact comes in is beautifully adorned in Bobbi Browns signature logo and features the picture of the palette on the back. The palette itself is a beautiful brown tortoise shell with gold accents. Inside is a decent sized mirror, along with the two lipstick shades, one lip gloss and three eye shadows, that is great for anybody who needs a go to palette to keep in their handbag for evening emergencies, as it's a perfect size, compact and lightweight.
Application

I didn't use a primer, instead I applied MAC Paint in Bare Canvas as a base, then I used Ivory all over the lid, Cement all over the socket and Black Chocolate in the outer v and blended into the crease. For Lipstick I chose Natural Pink with the Bare Sparkle Lip Gloss in the centre of the lips. The shadows were velvety to the touch and pigmented but upon application they had a really chalky consistency, quite a bit of fall out and didn't blend as well as I hoped compared to previous palettes I had used. The lipstick and lip gloss applied beautifully and felt smooth on the lips.
Longevity
The shadows lasted all day which was great, the lipstick colour still was visible round the outer part of my lips after lunch time, but a 2nd application was needed of both the gloss and lipstick, which then lasted until I eat again in the evening again.
Overall Thoughts
This palette is beautifully packaged, light and compact and is great for on the go touch ups or to transform your daytime make-up into a night time look. The price is great value for money taking into consideration everything that is included in the palette and I especially loved the two lip colours and tiny lip gloss included. The eye shadows are long-wearing, but I was disappointed by the hard to blend factor, they felt nice to touch, but just didn't blend as well as I hoped and had more of a chalky consistency and quite a bit of fall out when I applied them. Overall this is a great compact but the eye shadows let it down comparing it to previous years holiday palettes.

I award the Bobbi Brown Mini Lip and Eye Palette 3 out of 5
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Pink Paradise Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig