Tuesday 10 February 2015

Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencils Review and Photos

Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencils
Gel Liner is defiantly one of my favourite ways to apply liner as it looks natural and has great longevity. When I'm in a rush or have a more casual make-up day, then a good pencil liner is the way forward for me, but trying to find a decent eye liner pencil is always a hard task as most of them don't have great staying power.

I had tried one of Urban Decay's 24/7 liners before, as it was included in the NYC Palette, it was a pleasure to use and I was keen to try one of the many other shades on offer. I received this Urban Decay Black Magic 24/7 Glide-On Double-Ended Pencil Set for Christmas, this contains four double ended waterproof pencils, including, four black shades and four colours. Here's my thoughts.
What is your favourite long-wearing eye liner pencil, drugstore or high end? Tweet me or leave a comment down below.

Price
This retails for £27.99 which is great value for money considering one full sized glide on pencil costs £15.50 and your getting eight in this pack. Yes each colour is half the size, but if they were four full sized liner's you would be paying a whopping £62!
Urban Decay Black Magic 24/7 Glide-On Double-Ended Eye Pencil Set
Packaging
I totally fell in love with the packaging these liners came in, very colourful and eye-catching, reminiscent of all Urban Decay branding.
The pencils themselves are in the standard Urban Decay uniform and have the name of each liner on the pencil itself. I love the size of these liners as they are slim and easy to grip when applying.
Each pencil is double-ended with a different black shade on the top and coloured liner on the other end.
Liner 1: Perversion (a true deep black) ~ LSD (a glittery metallic deep blue/green)
Liner 2: Zero (a medium black) ~ Demolition (a deep chocolate brown)
Liner 3: Black Market (a black/grey) ~ Tornado (a deep metallic purple)
Liner 4: Black Velvet ( a velvet matte deep black) ~ Smoke (a muddy grey)
Coloured Eyeliners
Black Liners
Application
Each liner is super pigmented and has the most gorgeous, soft buttery texture that glides on with ease. In a way these are almost too soft, that you think they aren't going to stay in one place on your eye, but the consistency makes them so easy for any eyeliner novice to apply.
Longevity
I decided to test out LSD for longevity and road tested this for around 10 and a half hours which I think is a good amount of time considering these are named the 24/7 liners. By 3pm I had no transfer or smudging, but a little had come off in the waterline. By 10pm a little more had come off my waterline and I had a slight build up in the corners of my eyes, but overall pretty good going! With regards to taking this off, a face wipe is not sufficient for removing these liners as they are long-wearing, I suggest using an oily make-up remover or a micellar water to remove them effectively.
 Overall Thoughts
These liner's are a great addition to anyone's make-up collection or perfect to buy for someone who's just starting out with make-up and wants to build up their kit. They are superb value for money and just the ticket for anyone who's a big fan of black liners and a little bit of colour now and then. If these shades don't appeal to you and your more of a nude kind of girl, Urban Decay have just released another version called the Naked 24/7 Glide-On Double-Ended Eye Pencils which contains more shades of brown than black.

With regards to longevity, these work great along the lash line, but are not as long-wearing on the lower waterline, which is a shame. For me personally I would add a gel liner first and then add the pencil on top for double staying power. Overall I really love the concept of the Urban Decay 24/7 liners and the fact they come in so many different colours and combinations, they truly are a little more special than your average pencil eye liner.

I award the Urban Decay Black Magic 24/7 Glide-On Double-Ended Eye Pencil Set 4 out of 5
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Pink Paradise Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig