Sunday 29 March 2015

Maybelline Rebel Bouquet Collection Review, Photos and Swatches

Maybelline Rebel Bouquet Collection
Being an avid Maybelline fan, I thought it was about time I ventured into their lipstick range, as I had heard so many people rave about them. A couple of years ago I tried one of the Color Sensational Popsticks in Pink Lollipop, which was more of a tinted lip balm. Although it smelt nice and looked pretty in the packaging, I really didn't rate the formula, it was drying and the colour unattractive on the lips.

The Rebel Bouquet Collection consists of four Color Sensational lipsticks and five Color Show Rebel Bouquet Collection Nail Colours. I managed to grab three out of the four lipsticks, so here's my thoughts.

Do you love the Maybelline Color Sensational Lipsticks, if so what colours do you recommend I try next? Leave a comment down below or tweet me.
Maybelline Color Sensational Lipsticks
Price
These retail for £6.99 each and come in four beautiful shades, including, Peach Poppy, Petal Pink, Power Peony and Ravishing Rose. They are a great price for a decent amount of product, but if your like me and love a bargain, look out for the 3 for 2 offer if you have your eye on more than one shade.

Packaging
The Rebel Bouquet is a condensed collection of the US version of the Rebel Bloom 10 piece lipstick collection. The lids on these lipsticks are disappointing as they don't do the colour inside justice, compared to the US version which have pretty pink lids.

Application
The first thing I noticed upon application was the beautiful coconut smell, which is great to see in a drugstore lipstick. The texture is a smooth, buttery consistency, which glides onto the lips with ease. Each lipstick has great pigmentation in two coats and leaves a semi glossy finish on the lips.
Apart from Ravishing Rose, these three shades are all pastel colours, so if your not a fan of pastel lips then these may not be for you. For me Power Peony is the most wearable colour from the ones I picked up, as it's a deeper, purple based pastel. I also think Ravishing Rose would be another great colour to wear as it's an orange based red.
Maybelline Peach Poppy
 
Maybelline Petal Pink
Petal Pink is a great dupe for MAC's Saint Germain lipstick.
 
Maybelline Power Peony
Longevity
Like most lipsticks, re-application is needed after food, but they do stay on relevantly well through drinking.

Overall Thoughts
Overall I'm really impressed by the formula, price and pigmentation of these lipsticks. The colours are stunning in person and great if you have a tan or like a pastel lip. I also think the lipstick casing would be a lot more eye catching if it had the US packaging and a wider variety of colours, as not all of these are wearable shades for everybody. If you fancy picking up a couple of these shades, I would recommend Power Peony and Ravishing Rose out of the four available.

I award the Maybelline Rebel Bouquet Color Sensational Lipsticks 3.8 out of 5.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Pink Paradise Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig