Monday 16 March 2015

Morgan Taylor Disney Cinderella Nail Polish Collection Review and Photos

Morgan Taylor Disney Cinderella Collection

With the new release of Disney's Cinderella coming out this month, both MAC Cosmetics, Morgan Taylor and Gelish have teamed up with Disney to create special limited edition collections to celebrate the release of this classic fairy-tale. While I haven't been able to get my hands on any of the MAC collection, I did manage to pick up a mini pack from Morgan Taylor, featuring four out of the six nail polish colours from the collection for the film. Here's my thoughts.
Did you manage to pick up anything from the MAC or Morgan Taylor Collection? What's your favourite? Tweet me or leave a comment down below.
Price
This mini pack retails for £18.95 for 4x5ml mini bottles of lacquer, and can be found at Nail Polish Direct and Salon Services. There is also full size duo packs available, as well as each colour being sold separately too. Each regular sized bottle contains 15ml of Nail Lacquer.
The collection is as follows,
- Party at the Palace (Mint Green)
- If the Slipper Fits (Blue Glitter)
- Watch Your Step, Sister! (Bright Coral)
- My Carriage Awaits (Orange)
- Best Ball Gown Ever (Blue Pearl)
- Ella of a Girl (Pink Coral)
In my opinion this is a pricey little set and so your better off getting a few of your favourite fill size bottles from the collection, that retail for £9.95 each.
Packaging
The external boxing that the colours come in has the title picture of the film on it, as well as the names of each polish inside. I love all the names from the collection as they reflect the film perfectly. The bottles themselves are in the standard, uniformed Morgan Taylor packaging, so that the nail lacquer shade does the talking. 
 
Application
I have to say this collection is stunning, so pretty and feminine and the mini pack is a great way to try out four of the most popular colours from the collection. The brush in these tiny sizes is defiantly not compromised and allows you to do two even coats of polish. Each colour is fantastically pigmented which is expected from a professional lacquer brand.
 
The only colour that disappointed me was, If the Slipper Fits. Although this looks pretty in the bottle, the consistency was a little odd and I didn't feel it went on as smoothly as the others did, because of the glitter and shimmer formula that was rolled into one.
Morgan Taylor Party at the Palace
 My favourite of the bunch, which I also featured in my February favourites recently. This stunning mint is shot with a gold/green shimmer to form the most beautiful mint green shade I have ever seen.
Morgan Taylor If the Slipper Fits
 My most loved in the bottle, but my least favourite on the nails. This baby blue polish is a mix off shimmer and rainbow glitter rolled into one. It's just a shame the formula doesn't portray how beautiful this looks in the bottle.
Morgan Taylor Watch Your Step, Sister!
This fabulous bright coral is a crème formula and looks even better on the nails, than in the bottle. It was so bright, I couldn't stop admiring how beautiful the colour looked on my nails and it's perfect for Summer on toes or fingers.
Morgan Taylor Ella of a Girl
 Ella of a Girl for me is a coral, but a very pink/coral, crème formula and is another lovely shade to add to your Summer nail wardrobe.
 
Longevity
Overall wear time for me was 4-5 days, providing you do your usual base and top coat steps, as well as making sure you look after your manicure, according to your lifestyle.
 
Overall Thoughts
This Cinderella set is a beautiful, elegant and girly collection of nail lacquers, ideal for the up and coming Spring and Summer months. The mini set is expensive, so if you have your eye only a couple of the colours, then I'd say go for the full size bottles, as they last. The only colour that disappointed me was, If the Slipper Fits, due to it's odd consistency. I personally think the mini pack would of been better with the other blue shade, the Best Ball Gown Ever in it's place, but I can see why they put the blue glitter in, instead.
 
Morgan Taylor are fast becoming one of my favourite nail brands, due to their amazing colour selection and superb quality. If your looking for some new Spring and Summer colours, then I defiantly recommend checking out this Morgan Taylor Cinderella Collection.
 
I award the Morgan Taylor Disney Cinderella Collection 4.8 out of 5
 

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Pink Paradise Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig