Monday 18 May 2015

Project Pan - Cream Eyeshadow


Project Pan Cream Eyeshadows

Over the years I have discovered what I do and don't like when it comes to make-up products and following on from my last project pan post, cream eye shadows are next up on the list of make-up, that needs to be used up by the end of the year. Stay up to date with what I've used up from my project pan list, by subscribing to my channel for frequent product empties videos. I will also keep you updated in a future round-up project pan blog post too.

What is one make-up product you've fallen out of love with? Leave me a comment down below or tweet me.
 Cream eye shadows play a big part in my everyday make-up routine as they create the most wonderful base for shadows. I particularly like using a coloured eye shadow base as they really help intensify the shadows true colour. Currently I own both high end and drugstore cream shadows, but ever since Maybelline released their color tattoo range a few years ago, I haven't looked back, as they do the most fantastic range of colours, that have the best staying power and they don't cost the earth.
 
I currently have six cream eye shadows that I no longer feel the love for. Five out of the six are from high end brands, as for me, surprisingly they are just not as good as the more affordable Maybelline versions.
Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Cream Shadow and Metallic Cream Shadow in Black Pearl, Opal, Pink Oyster and Sandy Gold
I own three metallic cream shadows from Bobbi Brown and although these look beautiful in the pot, they are not so great on the eyes, as they have this chunky glitter formula. Personally I find them hard to apply and the fall out throughout the day, makes you look like you've turned into the glitter fairy! I'm going to work with these as best as I can, to get them finished, but for future reference, they won't be me on my Pinterest Wish List anytime soon.

Sandy Gold is the only non metallic formula I own. This does have great staying power, as well as easy application, but again comparing these to the Maybelline ones, there is really no point on splurging on these, when Maybelline make an equally as good formula, for only £5!

NYX Eyeshadow Base with Pearl
 I reviewed this NYX Eyeshadow Base a few years back and at the time, I did really like this because of it's similarity to the NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk. Although this is great base for any eye shadow, I do prefer the consistency of the jumbo pencil version, as it is that little big thicker. This is great if your more of a frequent colourful eye shadow wearer, but for me I do prefer more neutral colours on my eyes, along with a complimenting cream eye shadow base to go with it.

MAC Paint in Bare Canvas
Last but not least onto this MAC Paint in Bare Canvas. This I bought on a whim a good few years back when I was a fan of Kim Kardashian. I had seen her do a video on one of her famous looks with her make-up artist and of course I had to go out and buy everything she used, so I could get the look myself! But now I really can't wait to get rid of this paint, as it isn't the best eye shadow base I've used. The formula is more of a concealer consistency, that has a cream to powder finish and for me it doesn't intensify shadows as well as a pot cream eye shadow does. I have nearly used this up and unfortunately it won't be a re-purchase for me in the future.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Pink Paradise Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig