Thursday 14 May 2015

Revlon Photoready Foundation VS Make Up For Ever HD Foundation Comparison

Make Up For Ever HD Foundation and Revlon PhotoReady Foundation
Last year I finally got my hands on the Make Up For Ever HD Foundation and yes I was probably the last one in the universe to try this! But anyway I tried it, reviewed it and loved it and previous to this I had already used the Revlon PhotoReady Foundation and again fell in love with it, even with the shimmery aspect. Now I know you guys love a drugstore VS Highend comparison and I thought I would finally share my thoughts on these two foundations together, so here goes..

Have you tired either foundation's do you rate them or hate them, I would love to know your opinion on either? Leave me a comment down below or tweet me.
Price
Revlon - PhotoReady retails for £12.99 for 30ml and comes in 8 shades
Make Up For Ever - Although HD Foundation is currently not sold in the UK, it retails for $43.00 which is around £27 for 30ml and comes in a whopping 25 shades. Make Up For Ever is sold on the Sephora website and they do now ship to the UK, for a flat rate charge of £6 if you spend over £75.

Packaging
Both have very similar, simple packaging and come with a pump applicator and hygienic lid, the only difference is the Revlon version comes in a shorter, glass bottle.

Application
Both of these foundations have a medium consistency, that is lightweight and buildable to a full coverage finish. I used the Real Techniques Buffing Brush to apply both, using Revlon PhotoReady on the left side and Make Up For Ever HD on the right side of my face.
Revlon - If you've used PhotoReady before, you'll know it has a shimmer to it, which is why it doesn't appeal to everyone, but overall this foundation gives a flawless finish with a subtle sheen.
Make Up For Ever - This does not contain a shimmer and leaves more of a dewy flawless finish, but comparing them side by side you can hardly tell the difference in a photo.

Longevity
I wore these foundations for over ten hours, without using a primer, concealer, blush or powder to set, so you could get a true perspective on how both foundations wore. Both had great longevity with slight wear on the nose towards the end of the night, I would also without a doubt use a powder to set as both where a little shiny as the day went on, but overall I still looked really flawless.

Overall Thoughts 
Comparing these foundations overall I can honestly only see a slight difference between them, both give fantastic, buildable full coverage and great longevity, the only difference is you can tell the PhotoReady version has a shimmer to it. To get the best longevity and finish, a powder is defiantly needed to set both, but really choosing which foundation would be right for you comes down to the following, whether you like a slight sheen or dewy finish, if you need a precise shade match and how much you want to invest in a foundation to suit your needs.

For me I love these both, with the HD version winning by a tiny stretch, but essentially they do the same thing. So if your a girl on a budget I'd opt for the Revlon version as it's a great everyday foundation or if your wanting to splurge, have a big event coming up or are not a fan of shimmer, then I would recommend the HD version.

I award the Revlon PhotoReady 4.8 out of 5

Check out my full review on the Make Up For Ever HD Foundation here - http://pinkparadisebeauty.blogspot.co.uk/2014/10/make-up-for-ever-hd-foundation-review.html

SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Hi, What shade are you using in the pictures for the revlon foundation?

    ReplyDelete

© Pink Paradise Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig