Tuesday 14 July 2015

Strobing, The New Contouring?? A Step By Step Guide

Strobing, the NEW Contouring??
I first heard about this trend while watching Wayne Goss on YouTube. Fast forward only a couple of weeks and I'm now seeing this trend everywhere, with celebrities and instagramers sporting the look. As I am a big highlighter fan anyway, I was defiantly intrigued by this new and interesting technique and so of course I had to try it out myself!

Is this really a new trend or is it just another word fro highlighting, that we've all been doing for years anyway? Leave me a comment down below or tweet me.
Strobing is actually very similar to how I used to wear my make-up in my late teens, back then I was all about the highlighter in a big way and used to either wear the old version of the Stila All Over Shimmer or Benefit High Beam all over my face or mixed in with my foundation, making me look like an all over shimmering light beam! I think strobing is possibly a trend that has been around for ever, but with a fancy new name.
STROBING HOW TO:
Strobing or highlighting is generally applied to a natural looking base. To create your base, use a light foundation or BB cream with a stippling brush, once you have your dewy base, use your favourite highlighter to highlight the high points of your face as above, where the light would generally hit.
I used Benefit High Beam and Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick in Pink Oyster.
What Highlighter is best for me?
With many different types of highlight, it can be tricky to know which one to pick, here's my guide to the highlighter 101.

Stila All Over Shimmer
LIQUID -  One of my favourite ways to apply highlighter is a liquid, use with either your fingers or a damp sponge.
Stila All Over Shimmer is a gold based liquid goes perfectly on darker or tanned skins.
Benefit High Beam
Silver toned liquids look amazing on paler skins and Benefit High Beam is my personal favourite!

CREAM - Cream formulas are great for on the go touch ups or for the ultimate dewy glow.

NARS The Multiple in Luxor 
POWDER - These are the easiest to use as they blend seamlessly, apply with a fanned or small fluffy brush.

Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick in Pink Oyster
This is a beautiful highlighter on any skin colour as you can pick out the individual colours to highlight with separately or swirl them round to create a beautiful sheen on the skin.

MAC MSF in Soft & Gentle
 MAC Soft and Gentle is gorgeous on any skin colour and lasts for ever!

MAC Pigment in Pink Opal
Pigments are great to add a multi-dimensional sheen to the high points of the face, just be careful not to over do it!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Pink Paradise Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig