Wednesday 16 September 2015

L'Oreal Voluminous Mascara Review and Photos - YSL Volume Effect Faux Cils Dupe

L'Oreal Voluminous Mascara

This cult drugstore mascara has been around for years and has been considered as a great dupe for the YSL Volume Effect Cils. I had tried this a few years back and had loved it, so I thought it was time to give it another go and properly review it for you guys, so here's my thoughts.
Price
This retails for £8.49 which is probably about average these days for a drugstore mascara, it's also a fraction of the price compared to the YSL version which comes in at a whopping £25! This comes in Black and Extra Black, which I think has replaced the famous Carbon Black name.

Packaging
This mascara is packaged very simply and is a hidden gem in my eyes as it's always displayed right at the bottom of the L'Oreal make-up counter and so is easily missed. The brush is long, thick and fluffy and is the same length all the way up.
 
Application
This applies lovely, as the brush is soft and gentle on the lashes. It's also buildable and is a beautiful thickening and lengthening mascara, I got away with applying three coats. If you like a really black mascara on your lashes, then this could be with you as it's super pigmented.
 
Longevity
I had this on for a total of 12 and a half hours and by 3pm I had a slight bit of transfer on the brow bone, by 9.30pm I did have quite a bit more transfer on the brow bone which was a shame.
 
Overall Thoughts
Overall I did love this mascara as it's affordable, has a beautiful fluffy brush and is super pigmented. This mascara is not only lengthening and thickening by itself, it's also a great base mascara teamed with another on top, if you like an even more dramatic look. It's just a real shame I had so much transfer, which I think is down to the super black formula and something that rarely happens with other mascara's I have tried and tested. Don't let this put your off though, as I mentioned above this is a hidden gem that not everyone knows about, I would just advise using it as your base mascara as it is a great affordable dupe for the YSL version.
 
I award the L'Oreal Voluminous Extra Black Mascara 4 out 5
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Pink Paradise Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig