Tuesday 29 March 2016

NYX Micro Brow Pencil Review and Photos

NYX Micro Brow Pencil
I've reviewed quite a few brow products here on the blog, including the Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz and the drugstore version of this type of pencil from Soap and Glory. I recently managed to pick up the NYX Micro Brow Pencil and thought it would be appropriate to test out this drugstore version too, as it does have a slightly better shade selection than the S&G one, so here's my thoughts.
Price
This retails for £7 for 9g of product, which is a great price for this kind of brow pencil, plus it comes in seven shades to suit all hair colours.
Packaging
This comes boxed with a picture of the type of pencil your getting, including a few bullet points on what the brow pencil exactly does. The pencil itself looks identical to both the Brow Wiz and Archery pencil, with a handy spoolie at one end and the retractable thin pencil on the other.
Application
These are defiantly my favourite type of brow pencil, as they help get into all those sparse areas easily, thanks to the tiny nib. I picked this up in Ash Brown and initially I did think it would be a tad light, but it turned out to be a perfect match for my brows. The only thing with this NYX version was the pencil was slightly hard and scratchy to begin with, which meant it didn't glide on as softly as I hoped, but if you use this in conjunction with the spoolie end, it does soften and blend out nicely.
Longevity
This lasted pretty well throughout the day on it's own, but towards the evening time, it did fade slightly at the start of my brows, which is where I have the most sparseness. Usually in my normal brow routine I add powder on top of the pencil just to make sure it's extra bullet proof throughout the day.
Overall Thoughts
I did love this brow pencil a bit more than the Soap and Glory version, purely because not only did the micro brow pencil have a great colour selection for a drugstore pencil, it was also a pound cheaper than the Archery one. But comparing all three of these types of brow pencils now, I think for me my favourite is still the Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz as this glides on beautifully, looks natural and it also comes in the best colour selection. Yes this is around double the price, but I think you can just tell the quality of this pencil compared to the drugstore versions. But if your budget won't quite stretch to the Anastasia version, then I would defiantly opt for the NYX version as this does do an equally good job, but for half the price.

I award the NYX Micro Brow Pencil 4.8 out of 5
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Pink Paradise Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig