Sunday 14 May 2017

Makeup Revolution Illuminating Fixing Spray Review & Photos

Makeup Revolution Setting Spray 
Makeup Revolution is a brand that I have grown fond of over the past couple of years and today I wanted to share with you the third review from my First Impressions Week Series here. Today we are focusing on this Illuminating Fixing Spray from Revolution, so here's my thoughts...
Price 
The illuminating fixing spray is part of a trio of face sprays within the Revolution family. The spray retails for an inexpensive £5 for a 100ml of product and can be found in Superdrug, tambeauty.com and Ulta*. 
Packaging 
The packaging is pretty but for me the most eye-catching part of this spray is the title. On the back of the bottle it mentions the spray also contains vitamins A, B, E and F, as well as Aloe Vera to help brighten and hydrate the skin.
Application 
Just like most fixing sprays, you apply this after makeup all over the face to lock everything in. It is recommend you also shake the bottle before application.

Upon application the mist distributed evenly and felt refreshing on the skin. After I had allowed the spray to dry, the overall look was dewy, glowing and gorgeous.

Initially I have to say I did think for some reason because of the title this would contain iridescent particles to help give you that glow, however the spray was actually clear and did smell a little bit surgical to start with, but overall this felt lovely on the skin.

* I used the Clinque Beyond Perfecting Concealer and Foundation for this demo
Longevity
This kept my skin glowing and my make-up looking fresh for a good ten hours overall. Towards the end of the night my make-up did fade slightly, but on the whole this made my skin look amazing!
Overall Thoughts
Overall I loved this setting spray as not only did it set my make-up, it also gave me the best glow with minimal effort!

I've since tried this out with a few other foundations to see if this worked differently, but I have to say this spray helps any makeup look appear glowy and gorgeous, however I wouldn't recommend this for oily skin as it is very dewy.

I would say this is very similar to the Rimmel #Insta Fix & Go Setting Spray that I tested out a few months back, but I do think the Revolution version is better value for money overall.

So if you're after an affordable and long-lasting fixing spray that gives you the ultimate all over glow, then I would definitely recommend giving this a whirl for the Summer months.

I award the Revolution Pro Fix Illuminating Fixing Spray a 4.7 out of 5
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Pink Paradise Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig