Wednesday 14 June 2017

Maybelline Vivid HOT Lacquer Review & Photos

Maybelline Vivid Hot Lacquer Swatches
Recently Maybelline upped their Vivid Lip Game with the release of the Vivid Hot Lacquers. Now although I'm still a massive matte lip fan, I've recently been craving a little gloss in my life! So here's everything you need to know about this vibrant lip collection...
Price
These retail for £7.99 each and come in 8 shades. I have seven of the eight shades excluding Classic, which is a pillar box red.
1. SO HOT
2. CLASSIC
3. UNREAL
4. TEASE
5. TOO CUTE
6. OBSESSED
7. ROYAL
8. SLAY IT
The collection is available from Boots, Superdrug and Ulta*.
Packaging
I adore the sleek packaging as it really shows of the striking selection of colours to choose from. Inside you'll find a lovely sized, tear drop, doe foot applicator, that helps make applying these a breeze.
Application
One thing I forgot to mention in my swatch video is that these have a lovely vanilla scent to them, (similar to the MAC Lipsticks).

Upon application each shade glides on smoothly to reveal a pigmented and intense glossy lip, which drys down really quickly. On the lips these felt smooth, non sticky and comfortable, however I do recommend with the darker shades (Obsessed,Royal and Slay It) applying a couple of thin coats and letting them dry in-between, as these colours tend to apply not as evenly.
Longevity
These last a good five hours which is great. They do wear down slightly through wear and tear so re-application would be needed after a meal etc.
Maybelline Vivid Hot Lacquer So Hot
Maybelline Vivid Hot Lacquer Unreal
Maybelline Vivid Hot Lacquer Tease
Maybelline Vivid Hot Lacquer Too Cute
Maybelline Vivid Hot Lacquer Obsessed
Maybelline Vivi Hot Lacquer Royal
Maybelline Vivid Hot Lacquer Slay It
Overall Thoughts
These are indeed pigmented, glossy and super comfortable on the lips and if you're anything like me and you hate a sticky gloss, then these may be the answer to your problems. For me these are a great addition to the Maybelline Vivid/Color Sensational line and with a wide variety of shades to suit everyone's tastes, these are definitely a front runner within the drugstore market.

I award the Maybelline Vivid HOT Lacquers a 4.8 out of 5.

*Three of the colours were very kindly sent to me and the rest I purchased myself. As always all opinions are my own.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Pink Paradise Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig