Monday 30 April 2018

Clinique Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm Review and Photos

Clinique Take The Day Off Balm Review
Cleansing balms have become quite a thing over the past few years and if you're not familiar with this dreamy product then this may change your life when it comes to removing your makeup in the future.  

I've already tested out a few of these types of balms but today I wanted to share with you this Clinique version as I've heard so many wonderful things about this cleanser from other blogger friends. So here's everything you need to know about the Clinique Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm...
Price
The Clinique Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm retails for £24 for 125ml of product. The balm is actually part of the Take The Day Off collection which includes,
- Clinique Take The Day Off Makeup Remover for Lids, Lashes and Lips £17.50
- Clinique Take The Day Off Cleansing Milk £22.50
- Clinique Take The Day Off Cleansing Oil £22.50
- Clinique Take The Day Off Eye Makeup Remover Stick £16
- Clinique Take The Day Off Face and eye Cleansing Towelettes £16
Packaging
All of the Take The Day Off Line is packaged in a subtle purple wrapping so it's clearly identifiable from other products within Clinique's skincare collections.

Most balms you will find come in a pot form so you can easily scoop out how much you require to remove your makeup with.
Application
If you're not familiar with this type of product then the aim of the balm is to break down any oils, makeup and general build up from the day. Additionally Take The Day Off is also wonderful at removing sunscreens and it's fragrance-free, ophthalmologist and allergy tested.

I scoop out a 2p sized amount of the balm and rub it together in my hands to warm up the product. I then apply this directly to the skin massaging it into the whole face including all over the eyes and neck. I then go in with a warm flannel to wipe away the excess. The balm should be the first step in your nighttime routine.

The consistency of the balm is very smooth and once massaged into the skin it turns into a silky oil that helps break down my makeup quickly. You also really don't need that much as a little goes a long way.

If you want to see a live demo of the cleansing balm in action, then I have made a short Insta Video on how I use this here.
Longevity
Once opened the balm has a 6-month shelf life and as I mentioned above you really don't need that much, so ultimately I do think you get your money's worth over that 6 month period.

I've been using this for 2 months now and I have to say my skin definitely feels hydrated and glowy after each use.










Overall Thoughts
I'm truly hooked on this stuff, as not only do you get your money's worth but it works tremendously well at breaking down your makeup so quickly. It's also a nice alternative to a Micellar Water if you don't want to faff about with cotton wool and a second cleanser afterwards.

Now although I'm fond of skincare with a scent or added oil benefits there's something so pleasant and appealing about this fragrance-free, non-offensive balm. I think the consistency and the fact it feels so satisfying when you massage it into the face, combined with how lovely and glowy your skin feels afterwards makes this a winner in my books. I'm now sold on trying out the whole Clinique Take The Day Off Collection so I will keep you posted!

So all in all if you're after a no-fuss, get the job done make-up remover that's time efficient, fragrance-free and just an overall pleasure to use, then the Clinique Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm may just be the one for you!

I award the Clinique Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm a 4.9 out of 5

SHOP THE POST


SHARE:

2 comments

© Pink Paradise Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig