Sunday 15 April 2018

Glossier Phase 1 Set Review and Photos - Glossier Milky Jelly Cleanser, Priming Moisturizer and Balm Dotcom

Glossier Skincare
Today my skincare obsession continues with a closer look at the Glossier Phase 1 Set. I've been using this set since January 2018 and I finally feel like I can share with you my thoughts on another cult brand making a dent in the world of beauty. Also if you're interested in the Glossier You Perfume, then I have a review I have linked here for you guys too. So without further ado here are my thoughts on the Phase 1 Set.
Price
The Glossier Phase 1 Set consists of your skincare essentials. This includes the Milky Jelly Cleanser, Priming Moisturizer and your choice of Balm Dotcom which retails for £35. All of the products can be purchased separately but if you're after a bit of a saving (£8 to be precise) then the kit is a great way to try out the brand if you're a newbie to Glossier as a whole. I've listed each item separately below if you want to know how much they retail for individually also.
Glossier Milky Gelly Cleanser* 177ml £15
Glossier Priming Moisturiser* 50ml £18
Glossier Balm Dotcom* 15ml £10 - This also comes in 6 different flavours including Orginal, Birthday, Mint, Cherry, Coconut and Rose. I picked this up in Birthday.
Glossier Milky Jelly Cleanser
Glossier Priming Moisturizer
Glossier Birthday Balm Dotcom
Packaging
Not only do the products look aesthetically pleasing but Glossier certainly have an eye for detail when it comes to their packaging...

If you're ordering online then your products will come in a pink-lined box, that you can actually turn inside out so that you can re-use it as a pink storage box, genius!  The Phase 1 sets also come in its very own additional white box and everything comes wrapped in a pink bubblewrap wallet that can be re-used again and again. (These pink pouches are actually wonderful for travel). Then if that wasn't enough every order comes with its very own sheet of cute stickers so that you can customize your Glossier products to your heart's content!
Application
The Phase 1 Set includes a handy how-to guide so you can get to know how to use each product with ease. I actually like the fact that Glossier make everything simple and easy to use and actually if you navigate through their website you won't find masses of skincare to choose from, just the basics to help you unleash your best skin. Glossier is all about dewy and glowing skin.
Milky Jelly Cleanser - This has a pump dispenser and can be used both in the morning to cleanse and the evening to remove makeup. I've found that one pump is generally enough to gently cleanse my whole face and neck in the mornings.

Additionally, I have tried this out at night to remove makeup and as it implies this does help melt away my makeup like a dream, however, for me personally, I've been loving incorporating this into my morning routine... I massage one pump onto dry skin and then I add water to gently turn it into a milk, then to finish I go in with a damp flannel to wipe away the excess.

Priming Moisturizer - The Priming Moisturiser comes in a tube and can be used to hydrate the face before makeup application. Ingredients include Vitamin's A, C and E as well as Hyaluronic Acid and Anti-Redness Complex to help soothe, hydrate and reduce redness.

I have been using this as my daily moisturiser and I adore the lightweight texture and the fact it sinks into the skin quickly. The only thing I would say is as much as I like the tube, sometimes it's hard to control how much comes out and if you do accidentally squeeze too much out then there's no way of putting it back in the tube. Nevertheless, this is a fantastic moisturiser that works especially well with the Milky Jelly Cleanser.

If the Priming Moisturizer is not enough for you then there is also a Priming Moisturizer Rich which retails for £29 for a 50ml jar. This has all the benefits of the original but in a more nourishing formula with ingredients such as  Lavender Oil, Red Algae and Murumuru Butter. The PM Rich is a wonderful power packed moisturiser suited to anyone who needs that extra hydration boost within their skincare routine. This is also a great one to use of an evening.

Glossier Birthday Balm Dotcom - The Balm Dotcom is a versatile balm that can be used not only on the lips but on the skin to hydrate and restore dry skin. All six of the balms smell divine and include Beeswax, Castor Seed Oil, Rice Bran and Rosemary Leaf Extract.

Just like the Priming Moisturizer, the Balm Dotcom does come in a tube, however, I don't mind this as much because the balm is easier to control when you squeeze it out of the tube.

As you know I picked up Birthday and all I can say is if you love the smell of vanilla birthday cake with a hint of subtle shimmer then you will love Birthday Balm!
Longevity and Overall Thoughts
Milky Jelly Cleanser - This for me is one of those dreamy cleansers! It's inoffensive, pleasant smelling, convenient and totally gentle on the skin. Plus I've been using this for three and half months and I'm only just halfway down the bottle! What more can I say other than this is a winner for me.

I award the Glossier Milky Jelly Cleanse 4.9 out of 5


Priming Moisturizer - Again this is one of those wonderfully convenient products for during the day. I think actually the whole Phase 1 Set is such a great skincare starter kit for anyone who is new to Glossier or maybe someone who wants to take good care of their skin but they don't really have the time to be faffing about with endless steps and products within their skincare routine. This would make the perfect gift actually.

The Priming Moisturizer has not only a beautiful consistency, but it's a great base moisturiser as the name suggests to prepare your skin for makeup. Despite this being in a tube, I adore the power-packed line up of ingredients and the fact it works really well with the Milky Jelly Cleanser to give you soft, clean, refined and hydrated skin.

I award the Glossier Priming Moisturizer a 4.7 out of 5


Birthday Balm Dotcom - I adore this versatile balm as it lasts for ages, smells divine and it really does moisturise my lips a treat. I'm also addicted to the subtle shimmer that runs through the balm too. I now feel like I need all of the flavours in my life as they are perfect to keep anywhere and everywhere!

I award the Glossier Birthday Balm Dotcom a 4.9 out of 5

SHOP THE POST

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Pink Paradise Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig